The Pocket Atlas of Nutrition is an accessible guide to all aspects of nutrition, from basic chemistry to the most recent dietary guidelines.
- More than 150 easy-to-understand, full-color plates
- A comprehensive list of nutrients, including for each its composition, effect, function, occurrence and daily requirements, as well as recommended intake
- An extensive listing of all vitamins, minerals, trace elements as well as non-nutritive substances with their function and interaction
- Accessible discussions of special diets as well as nutritional recommendations for various medical conditions and throughout the life course, e.g. for pregnant women or athletes
- Up-to-date coverage of food-related diseases, including BSE, genetically modified foods, food quality, food allergies, and functional foods
The Pocket Atlas of Nutrition -- concise, practical, and designed for quick reference -- is an ideal basic guide for professionals and interested lay readers alike.